Window 037 - Saint James Major
Bottom to top, left to right (some rows have the story proceed RIGHT to left; marked '!' where this occurs:
• Row 01: Furrier as donor; Draper as donor measures cloth.
• Row 02: Christ gives James a pilgrim's staff (perhaps assign to mission in Galacia?)
• Row 03: Demon inspires Hermogenes (Almogines), a magician, to send his disciple, Filetus, to confront James; James preaches (!).
• Row 04: James and Filetus meet, and the saint converts him.
• Row 05: Filetus reports his conversion to Hermogenes; Hermogenes binds his apprentence with magic.
• Row 06: James sends his cloak to free Filetus from the spell; the demon thus driven out weeps as he responds to the saint's power.
• Row 07: Hermogenes summons two demons to capture James
• Row 08: James overpower Hermogenes' control, and commands the demons to bring Hermogenes to James (2 panels).
• Row 09: Hermogenes is brought to James and Filetus.
• Row 10: James teaches Hermogenes; the magician is converted and decides to burn his magic texts.
• Row 11: James tells him to cast the texts into the sea; Hermogenes and Filetus plead for James' forgiveness.
• Row 12: Hermogenes destroys an idol.