Window 046 - Saint Thomas the Apostle in India (restored)
Bottom to top; left to right:
• Row 01: "Doubting" Thomas feeling Christ's wounds after the resurrection, flanked by the fleur-de-lis. This panel was added in the 13th century, for reasons that are unknown.
• Row 02: At Caesarea, Christ assigns Thomas to evangelize India.
• Row 03: Jesus introduces Thomas to Abbanes, envoy of Gundophorus--the King of India--who is seeking an architect; Thomas and Abbanes travel by ship to India.
• Row 04: (Left half moon) Thomas and Abbanes land in Andropolis, India; (upper quadrant of clover) At a wedding feast, the chief butler hits Thomas; (Right half moon) The butler goes out to get water, and is eaten by a lion. A dog bites of the hand the struck Thomas and brings it into the feast.
• Row 06: (Bottom of clover) Gundophorus of India entrusts Thomas with funds to build a palace (sequentially is between the two panels in next row)..
• Row 05: Abbanes presents Thomas to King Gundophorus; king then departs (after making Thomas his architect--see next row).