Chartres west side, right portal, detail
• First archivolt: Music (one of the seven liberal arts), Pythagorus (first defined mathematical relationship of harmonious tones) seen partially below.
• Shepherd to lower left.
Chartres, north side, right portal. These are OT types or prefigurements of Christ.
Solomon judges the two women and the baby. Those on the right are admiring Jews (who ought, one suspects, to be admiring the wisdom of Christ whose wisdom and judgment Solomon prefigures.)
Chartres, north side, center portal
• Isaiah - hold flowering stem, the "rod out of Jesse." Jessee beneath.
• Jeremiah - with Greek cross
• Simeon - testified of Christ at the Presentation at the Temple, holds the infant Christ.
• John the Baptist - note coat of camel hair, and he points to the lamb of God. Dragon beneath.
• Peter - dressed as pope, the continuity with Melchizedek, his opposite on the left. He stands on the rock.