Window 056 - Peace Window (20th century)
Donated in 1971 by German Association of Friends of Chartres Cathedral. Theme of peace and reconcilliation.
Four crosses make up the window.
• Lowest Center bears the Ten Commandments, source of salvation.
• Left - Burning bush (revelation through natural phenomenon)
• Right - Menorrah
• 2nd Center - Altar and rainbow (the covenant)
• Left - Wheat (source of eucharistic bread)
• Right - Grapes (source of eucharistic wine)
• 3rd Center - Charlice (the eucharist)
• Left - Seven flames (7 gifts of the spirit)
• Right - Sun (light of the world)
• Top Center - Hand of God (divine power)