Window 037 - Saint James Major
Bottom to top, left to right (some rows have the story proceed RIGHT to left; marked '!' where this occurs:
• Row 06: James sends his cloak to free Filetus from the spell; the demon thus driven out weeps as he responds to the saint's power.
• Row 07: Hermogenes summons two demons to capture James
• Row 08: James overpower Hermogenes' control, and commands the demons to bring Hermogenes to James (2 panels).
• Row 09: Hermogenes is brought to James and Filetus.
• Row 10: James teaches Hermogenes; the magician is converted and decides to burn his magic texts.
• Row 11: James tells him to cast the texts into the sea; Hermogenes and Filetus plead for James' forgiveness.
• Row 12: Hermogenes destroys an idol.
• Row 13: Jews are angry at James' preaching; Hermogenes preaches to those who used to follow him.
• Row 14: James preaches Christ's divinity while in prison.
• Row 15: Josias converts and Jewish high priest orders him beaten; Josias, a scribe, leads James with a rope (!)
• Row 16: Herod condemns Josias and James to death; James performs healings while he and Josias are taken away.
• Row 17: James and Josias taken to be executed.
• Row 18: James and Josias are beheaded.
• Row 19: Christ on cloud with candelabra.