Window 024 - Saint Martin of Tours
Bottom to top, left to right:
• Row 01: Saint Martin gives half of his cloak to a beggar; Cobbler preparing leather as donor; Christ thanks Martin in a dream and returns his cloak.
• Row 02: Cobbler scraping hide as donor; Martin is baptized; Cobbler stitches shoe as donor.
• Row 03: Martin revives a catachumen who died prior to baptism; Cobbler trimming sole of shoe as donor; Saint Hillaire makes Martin an exorcist.
• Row 04: Martin is attack by two ruffians, one saves his life; The brigands waiting to attack; Martin escapes by making a pine tree fall on the brigands.
• Row 05: The people of Tours seek a new bishop (both sides); Martin ordained bishop (middle).
• Row 06: Martin forces robber's soul out of a shrine, where it was being mistakenly honored as a martyr; People watch; Martin raises a child from the dead (some say he interrupts a country funeral to make sure they are not practicing paganism).
• Row 07: Martin exorcises a demon from a man's buttocks; Martin preaches to a crowd (2 frames).
• Row 08: Physician and paralytic in city of Treves; Martin heals the paralytic while family/others look on (2 frames).
• Row 09: Martin and Roman proconsul Tetradius (center); Martin heals servant of proconsul (both sides).
• Row 10: Outside Paris Martin kisses a leper and cures him; Angel with censer; Martin with Emperor Maximus at banquet.
• Row 11: Angel with censer; Martin's death; Angel with censer.
• Row 12: Parishioners of of Tours and Poitiers fight over the saint's remains; Angel with censer; Tours steals body from Poitiers and takes it up the Loire river.
• Row 13: Saint's body arrives at Tours; Soul of Martin ascends (perhaps can rest easy now in the 'proper' place?); Funeral procession awaiting the body.