Window 033 - Saint Andrew
Bottom to top, left to right. (The first 5 rows are modern as of 1872, marked '*').
• Row 02*: Peter arrives at a town; a saint is crucified; Jesus speaks to an apostle.
• Row 03*: An apostle and two men; Two apostles pray while idols fall; Apostle sleeps on ground (see last panel of row 7).
• Row 04*: Jesus speaks with apostle; Apostles speaks to a group; Saint praying is struck with clubs.
• Row 05*: Two apostles speak; Apostle is lead to martyrdom; Apostle prays while menaced with a drawn sword.
Some panels have been replaced out of order, and some salvaged from the lower five rows; the story is easier to follow if the panels are swapped as indicated (** and ***).
• Row 06: Andrew prays before his cross (**); Andrew restores sight and gives a cloak (they meet in the first panel of row 13); Andrew gives communion (***).
• Row 07: Slays serpent that vomits blood; Has proconsul's wife go to raise the child from the dead; Saint Peter and Saint John appear to Andrew and tell him of his coming martyrdom.