Window 013 - Story of Saint Anthony of the Desert and Saint Paul the Anchorite (restored)
Top to bottom, left to right, including medallions.
• Row 1 (bottom corners): Fishmongers donated the window.
• Row 2: St. Anthony hears the gospel preached; he donates his goods to the poor.
• Row 3: He leaves his sister in the care of nuns.
• Row 4: A hermit teaches Anthony; he digs, manual labor as part of the hermit's life.
• Row 5: Devil (green face and feet) tempts Saint Anthony; Anthony before his fire is tempted by the devil in the form of a woman (also in green dress).
• Row 6: Anthony asks friend to bring him bread in preparation for his hermitage in the desert; Devils come to attack Anthony in the hermitage.
• Row 7 (center): This is slightly out of sequence; Anthony's friend brings bread and finds him immobilized by the pain of the scourging given in the next row up.
• Row 8: Demons scourge Anthony with whips; Anthony appears dead (like a corpse, so his friend carries the immobilized saint back to the desert on his back
• Row 9: Anthony visits Paul the Anchorite as a crow feeds them; Anthony studies alone in his cell.
• Row 10: The two saints celebrate mass; Anthony has vision of Paul's soul (small child) being bourne away by angels.
• Row 11: Lions help bury the body of Paul.
• Row 12: Athanasius receives Anthony's cloak in anticipation of the latter's death; his soul is carried to heaven.