South porth, right portal--"Bay of the Confessors"
Figures L - R
• St Laumer, monk of Perche [added at porch construction]
• St. Silvester (pope dress)
• St. Ambrose (bishop of Milan), converted St. Augustine and is the first person of whom we have record reading silently to himself, rather than aloud.
• St. Nicholas (bishop of Myra, from when Santa Claus).
• St. Gregory (pope dress)
• St. Jerome (translated Bible into Latin, the "Vulgate"). Beneath him is a woman with bandaged eyes (the 'blind' synagogue replaced by the Church)
• St. Martin (bishop of Tours). Two dogs lick his bishop's staff, since he reportedly prevented them from eating a hare by miraculous means. Martin gets further attention in the tympanum above the door.
• St. Avitus, abbot of Micy [added at porch construction].