Window 002 - Life of Christ
Bottom to top, left to right:
• Row 03: Wise men presenting gifts; Christ with Mary; Wise men returning home (they are warned by the angel in the panel directly above them).
• Row 04: Presentation of the temple (2 frames); Angel warns wise men to return a different way.
• Row 05: Herod angry he's been deceived by wise men; Slaughter of the Innocents (2 frames).
• Row 06: Flight into Egypt; Egypt; Return from Egypt.
• Row 07: Fall of the idols of Egypt; Baptism of Christ; Dream of St. Joseph.
• Row 08: Triumphal entry to Jerusalem (3 frames).
• Row 09: Christ in Glory flanked by two angels.
Chartres, west side, left door
• Tympanum - Christ ascending into heaven. Angels lean down to ask the apostles "Ye men of Gallilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven?"
• Archivolts - zodiac alternating with the tasks for each month
† First - INNER
• February with warming self before fire,
• November with pig slaughter,
Window 176 - West Rose - Last Judgment
• Center: Christ enthroned in glory, displaying his wounds. Four beasts and angels surround him (detail)
• First circle: Twelve apostles, with Abraham's bosom at 12 o'clock, and the judgment (weighing of souls) at 6 o'clock. Note the angel to the left and devil to the right.