Window 041 - Saint Stephen
Bottom to top, left to right:
• Row 09: Juliana transports Stephen's body to Constantinople; Meanwhile, a king (Emperor Theodosius?) is tormented by a demon.
• Row 10: King sends messengers to the shore--this foreshadows other events; Meanwhile, Stephen's body is loaded on a ship for transport to Constantinople.
• Row 11: Demons try to sink the ship, but the sailors invoke Saint Stephen, and are spared.
• Row 12: Ship arrives at shore; A crowd gathers to receive the body.
• Row 13: Stephen's body/relics are taken into the city; the Patriarch of Constantinople comes to meet it.
• Row 14: Stephen's soul is carried to heaven by the angels.